Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Alternative Journal

Sunday, March 6, 2011
Outside the rules and expectations where anomalies spawn change, lies an alternative universe from the rational one where I think I exist.

Monday, March 7, 2011
God thankfully controls what I cannot then strengthens me to do what I can.  This is the compass through the storm of why questions that beat at us like severe wind and rain each day.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
There is how I see things and how others see things and how healthy our minds are affects how we all see things.  The brain with its 100,000,000,000 neurons processes about 2000 thoughts per day.  Our eyes initially perceive things upside down then correct them for our vision to right side up.
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
No one can make me lose my control but me.  I can get angry, but can choose how to handle the anger.  Anger is good, it means we care.  Emotions are good they mean we know what we like and this helps us make decisions, hopefully good ones.  I control how I react to my environment.  I can change my environment.  I can change who I associate with.  I control most of the information going into my brain.  I choose not to act on emotion alone but on belief.  Hopefully what I believe is good.  Benjamin Franklin is quoted as saying that, “well done is better than well said.”  Do.  Move.
A physician is not angry at the intemperance of a mad patient; nor does he take it ill to be railed at by a man in a fever. Just so should a wise man treat all mankind, as a physician does his patient; and looking upon them only as sick and extravagant. -Lucius Annaeus Seneca, philosopher (BCE 3-65 CE)  
Thursday, March 10, 2011
The new record for holding your breath and diving is four minutes ten seconds and 328 feet or 100 meters, set December 13, 2010 by New Zealander William Trubridge.  He did it at Dean’s Blue Hole in the Bahamas where he works as a diving instructor.  He did it unassisted by weights or fins or airbag for ascent, equipment others had used to approach 100 meters in previous record attempts.  He did it to raise awareness for Hector’s dolphins, a small dolphin native to New Zealand and which is being threatened with extinction.  It was a true mind over body feet as the depth was three times what is recommended for recreational divers.  Trubridge had to deal with potentially becoming disoriented at that depth or hurrying his ascent and risking developing embolisms in the blood stream.  I found it interesting his greatest concern came at ascent when he said, “it can be a little bit daunting because of how much water you have over your head.”
Friday, March 11, 2011
I think I was too concerned with outcomes rather than just sharing myself.
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Tea has a mystic quality, maybe because it often comes from and is mostly used in the orient.  One can enjoy a sensual experience with a hot steamy cup of tea.  Opening the individually wrapped package makes a soothing crisp sound as the paper tears away.  You see a red color as the hot water hits the tea if you are drinking Passion which contains hibiscus, lemongrass, rose hips, mango and passion fruit flavors.  I think the rose hips provide the red coloring.  The smell as the tea approaches your mouth is sweet.  The warmth feels soothing going down your throat into the belly, as your pallet takes in the variety of flavors introduced in your mouth.
Sunday, March 13, 2011

Rest.  The day of rest.  Clear the mind.  Sunday may be the best time for meditative prayer where you focus on something.  It is also a good day for contemplative prayer where you simply clear your mind and listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment