Sunday, January 8, 2012

Wednesday, January 4

Listened to vinyl records in our neighbors upstairs music loft on their turntable with newly purchased needle.  They treat me to RUSH’s original album which includes, Working Man.  A fellow neighbor plays Eagle songs on the guitar and shows my daughter some fingerings.

Thursday, January 5

A nice thank you note from my sister in Los Angeles who enjoyed the themed Christmas gifts I sent her and her family.  The gifts were a book about the Hollywood Bowl (which she said her and my brother-in-law attended to hear music and picnic); a Chuck Mangione CD recorded live at the Hollywood Bowl (my brother-in-law used to play trumpet); and a recording of a Doors concert at the Bowl (which my sister said reminded her of dancing to Light My Fire) back in the day and is still her favorite group).

Friday, January 6

Met a PH.D. in Rhetoric at my workplace who coordinates the University’s policies.  She mastered in Divinity.  Her dissertation was on the mother figure in the writings of Louisa May Alcott.

Saturday, January 7

My daughter’s first volleyball game in the City Recreation League.


Sunday, January 8

My daughter makes Sunday breakfast.  Eggs, pancakes, and sausages.


No comments:

Post a Comment